Details of the Academy Program
For Students of Knowledge ... 4 Semesters ... Ijazah’s with Chains of Narration from the People of Knowledge
◼️ We at the Ibn al-Qayyim Centre for Learning Arabic & Islamic Sciences, are pleased to announce the Academy Program which is specifically for those who are good at the Arabic Language since all classes would be delivered only in Arabic.
💡 The Objective of the Program:
That the Student graduates after having studied a variety of Islamic/Shari’ah Sciences and going through their chapters. That would serve as a ‘key’ for the student to make his path in furthering and enhancing his knowledge of Shari’ah Sciences.
📆 Duration of Study:
The Program is divided into 4 semesters:
• The first semester is from early September to mid-December of each year.
• The second semester starts from early February up to mid-May.
Thus, the duration of each semester will be three and a half (3½) months, noting that the actual dates may vary depending on the entry of Ramadan in each year.
⏰ Number of Days & Class Periods:
- Classes begin each week of Friday and end on Sunday, so that the days of classes are three (3) days per week, lasting for 2 – 3 hours per day. Classes start around 8pm (Makkah time) taking into account differences between summer time and winter time.
- In total, the student will study 7 courses in each semester in various Islamic Sciences equivalent to 112 hours of studying Islamic Sciences and the Noble Qur’an per semester.
- The student will memorize 1 Juz’ of the Qur’an in each semester; beginning with Juz’ Amma in the first semester.
📚 Courses of Study:
💻 Method of Study:
• Most lessons shall be held live and the complete recording shall be made available for students who are unable to attend the live classes. Other lessons will be pre-recorded and then broadcasted during the time of the lecture.
• Note: It is not possible to truly benefit from the classes except by discipline and commitment to regular attendance, especially since marks are awarded for attendance and are included in the final grades at graduation. Also, besides the Qur’an classes which have separate rooms for male and female students, other classes in the Academy Program include both male and female students, with females restricted to asking questions and contributing via text only.
✒️ Teachers & Supervision:
• The Markaz is under the supervision of Shaykh Dr. Khalid ibn Dahwi adh-Dhafiri.
✅ Division of Grades
Attendance (30%), Recitation of Memorization (Assignments) (20%), Final Exams (50%).
• Other Courses on Shari’ah Sciences:
Attendance (30%), First Exam (10%), Second Exam (10%), Assignments (10%), Final Exam (50%).
• A Graduation Certification would be given at the end of the entire program (four semesters). The certificate is only honorary knowledge-based and it is not meant to be used for job applications.
• Knowledge-based Hadeeth-based Ijazah’s, along with the chains of narrations from the people of knowledge, and the books of the Sunnah.
🚧 Number of Students
The number of male and female students shall be limited for each semester. In each semester, each level shall be limited to a total of 100 students (including male and female students).
📋 Conditions of Registration:
- Good conduct and behavior.
- Commitment to regular attendance.
- Ability to learn and study.
- Minimum age of 14 years.
- Paying the fees at the time of registration; and not requesting for a refund upon cancellation, lack of attendance or transferring the fees for another semester.